This is your last week to get all of your Christmas shopping online done! The rates for expedited shipping are unreal, and the longer you wait, the more likely you are to pay full price, or worse – to see that the last thing on your list is sold out.
If you’re like me and often wait until the last minute, totally forgetting what you were intending to get people, NEVER FEAR. When in doubt, the most practical gifts really are the most thoughtful. They may not seem like it at the time, but think about it: a gift that you’ll keep on using for years to come is the one you’re going to remember. It’s like getting socks. As a child, it was the most boring gift you could get. But now, you really need socks. And you keep losing them for some reason? So don’t be afraid to opt for one of these more practical gifts:
1. A knife set: To this day, it’s one of the most important gifts I’ve ever given, even if it’s not something that will be remembered as one of the most thoughtful. But how do people survive without a good knife set? Many a fun and spontaneous dinner has happened using these bad boys.
2. Quality PJs: Because it’s inappropriate to answer the door for the delivery guy with no pants on. But if you’re wearing a nice button up set and drinking a coffee when he comes by, it’s loungewear. Much more chic.
3. Moccasin slippers: Tanner and I each have a pair. I like to call them house shoes because it makes me feel fancy.
4. An agenda: I ordered my sister and I these Erin Condren planners for Christmas. Don’t worry, we’re sisters. We’ve told each other what we’re getting for Christmas every year since the dawn of time. And she probably doesn’t even read my stuff anyway. These agenda stickers from my Stocking Stuffers guide are also a big winner for feeling cute and organized.
5. Gift cards: So, this is the most unoriginal idea ever. But the thing is, if you have someone in your life who is just getting started, maybe going away to college, just had a baby, or moving out on their own for the first time, then these things really make a world of difference for feeling like a normal, functioning human being. Never underestimate the power of a grocery store gift card.
thanks for visiting! there's a first time for everything, and I share those firsts here every week. to chat one on one, follow me on Instagram @becs.lynk