1. I went full force on decorating the house when we first moved in (I say that like it wasn’t less than two weeks ago) but now I have come to a dead stop. I think that if you don’t have a clear vision in mind, you should just live in the space for a while and sort out the ideas over time. I don’t want to buy anything that I love in the store but end up hating in my house.
2. Tanner has officially gone back to school. Even though we were all up in each other’s business all summer and I know he was glad to have a clear schedule again, it’s still a major adjustment! I miss being able to just spontaneously take a day with him, whether it was going out on the boat or running errands together. With football season in full swing, going grocery shopping together is even a stretch.
3. For Tanner’s birthday in July, he really wanted to go to Chincoteague, VA. That’s where he was born while his dad was stationed there in the Coast Guard, and they hadn’t been back in over twenty years. We couldn’t make it work then, so we spent Labor Day Weekend there with his parents, being all nostalgic and taking lots of walks. You don’t really know how badly you need to get away until you’re already gone.
4. This might be somewhat of a TMI, but if you know, you know. My abs are starting to tear from all the stretching, which came as a huge surprise to me. Yes, logically, it’s going to happen to everyone, but I’ve never been a super fit person, so my abs were never something I thought a lot about. Now, I feel them even when I’m sitting up at my computer. It’s the strangest thing!
5. Millie isn’t really taking to the new place, more than likely for a few reasons. The people here before us had a cat, and she’s terrified of them! Plus, we lived with Debo, my sister’s dog, before this, and they were inseparable. I still take them on playdates, but I can tell she’s worried about him every day. It’s so sad!
6. Oh yeah – Labor Day Weekend marked my 25th birthday. I don’t know why, because I usually love to celebrate my birthday, but this one passed without event. I’m kind of okay with that. I must be getting old.
7. I really need good book recommendations. For afternoons while Tanner is still at practice, for late nights when I can’t sleep, and everything in between. I don’t discriminate – all books are good books! Except for action novels. I really can’t get into those, for one reason or another.
8. My normal yoga instructor, Leilani Walker, just taught her last class with us before moving back to Maui (she only sends her summers here on Bogue Banks) and I am feeling really bummed. She was one of the first people who knew that I was pregnant, and has been a huge force for good in my life, coaching me through and keeping me on top of my yoga practice in a safe and effective way. Now that I’m looking for a new instructor, I’m not really feeling very motivated. Any tips for building up a home practice in the meantime?
9. While we were gone in Chincoteague, Millie stayed with ‘gramma gramma’ and ‘LaLa,’ AKA Tanner’s grandmother and our Aunt Lisa. She didn’t eat a single bite of dog food – only spaghetti, steak, and cheeseburgers. Needless to say, she was kind of bummed to come home.
10. I know I’m way ahead of schedule, but I just got a thumbs up from all the women in the family that Tanner and I can host our first Thanksgiving this year! We always do it at his grandma’s house, but things have been crazy busy over there lately, and I think she’s happy to let go of the pressure. I have about 10k ideas that I got from Pinterest for the decor, but the cooking is not my strong suit. Thankfully, grandma has not relinquished turkey duty.
11. Vacation is usually a time to splurge on food that you wouldn’t normally eat, but I came back from vacation feeling worse than ever, like my digestive system was in MAJOR distress. I hate eating like crap when we travel, because travel belly is already so real.
12. Oh yeah, and we’re having a girl. We found out last week at our twenty week ultrasound, and we got so many pictures. I can’t wait to share a post with more details and our name choice, but for now, this is all I have time for!
thanks for visiting! there's a first time for everything, and I share those firsts here every week. to chat one on one, follow me on Instagram @becs.lynk