I’m trying something a little different for this week’s video – a Mom Life Clean With Me inspired by one of my favorite YouTube moms, Becky Moss! I’m providing some realistic cleaning motivation and sharing an update on what’s been going on in our lives as a family of four. Enjoy!
1. I just had my 6 week postpartum visit and got cleared to work out, which I am not usually super excited about (I’m not big into working out at all) but I’m really feeling the urge to just move lately. It feels like it’s been 100 years. And since we know-ish that we’re done having babies, it feels like I just want to reclaim my body as my own. I’m breastfeeding, so it’s kind of hard to reclaim my body when I’m being treated like a literal dairy cow. But I’m looking forward to starting Katrina Scott’s new 6:40 plan with no pressure, just doing what I can when I can.
2. We have been making a few update around the house, but it feels like we’ve been doing THE MOST because it coincided with some necessary house maintenance. Power washing, paint touchups, the works. Honestly, I hate it. It feels so grown up, but in the worst possible way. House maintenance is the worst.
3. But in more glamorous project news, our back deck renovation is a little over halfway done! We’re just waiting on deck rails and trying to make a decision about a canvas top. Everything is slow moving since we’re doing a little DIY with the help of my dad, but that’s really the only option on our budget.
4. I’m going to hopefully share that transformation and a few more home updates in a Summer Clean and Decorate video! I was hoping to tackle that next week (May 21st isn’t the first day of summer, but it always feels like it to me!) but it looks like that might have been a little too ambitious.
5. Larson is almost two months old! I’ve been waiting to see if any of her nicknames stick. When I was pregnant with Annie B, we always called. her “Busy B” because she was always moving around in there, keeping me awake. But once she was born, she instantly became “Beezer,” courtesy of my sister. So far, I call her Lou, or Little Love.
6. Even though she was born lighter than her sister by a whole pound, she’s STACKING on weight a whole lot faster. She was born 7 pounds 12 ounces and is already over 9. Can’t wait to get an exact measurement at her doctor’s appointment.
7. The number one question I’ve been getting asked on Instagram has been about my placenta encapsulation. If you haven’t been following along, I decided to go that route at the recommendation of a local doula to combat postpartum depression. I really struggled with Annie and wanted to be ultra-prepared this time around. But the worst of my postpartum didn’t come until 6 months or so, so I don’t want to jump the gun on telling y’all that it’s been working. So far, it’s been an amazing experience, and I’ll keep you updated as I go!
8. Annie has been such a rockstar big sister. I really can’t brag about her enough.
9. The one area we are struggling with is introducing potty training. I’ve tried to be really thoughtful about what I share in regards to motherhood content online. I think it can be so hard to cross boundaries with our children without even realizing it. So I’m going to stick with my gut on this one and say it’s not something I’m going to discuss on YouTube or here. But by all means, if you have any tips of tricks that you’d like to give me via DM, I’m HERE for them.
10. I’ve been trying to start my days with a “goal word,” which is just a word I’d like to be able to use to describe how I feel by the end of that day. I keep coming back to CAPABLE. I just want to feel like a capable mother and human being at the end of the day. I did my duties, I tackled the things, and I kept my children and myself alive, well, and happy. If I can just keep doing that, I’m golden.
11. I reached 500 subscribers on YouTube, which was kind of a moment for me. When I first started exploring YouTube, I just wanted to educate myself. It was a platform that a few of my clients were diving into and had questions about, and I didn’t have the answers. I figured I should dig around in there and figure it out for myself. Fast forward a year later and I found something that I actually really enjoy doing.
12. And it wasn’t until recently that I started really finding a following and realized that people really wanted to see more of this type of content. Especially on Pinterest – y’all know that I teach a course on Pinterest strategy for coaches and content creators. But wow, using my video content from YouTube REALLY amplified my strategy. So, I added that into the course. I’ve gotten some incredible feedback!